Heating Maintenance in Maryland
Furnace, Heat Pump, and Hybrid Heating System Maintenance in Maryland
Just like a car, your heating system needs routine maintenance in order to function properly and avoid costly repairs. A properly functioning heating system maximizes comfort and saves energy and money. Our HVAC technicians are factory trained and nationally certified, not to mention armed with the best products to help identify the most affordable and energy efficient way to heat your home.
Your heating system should undergo a full tune-up once a year—generally in the fall before heating season begins. Contact GAC Services to schedule heating system maintenance in Maryland today!
Our Prime Maintenance Membership
Your heating system needs regular maintenance to function properly. At GAC, we offer comprehensive maintenance plans to ensure your system is up to code and operating efficiently.
|Product Plans||Monthly Cost|
Prime Maintenance Membership (one heating and one AC system)
Additional heating and AC system discounted (one heating and one AC system)
Humidifier (covers cleaning, checking, and replacing humidifier pad)
Air cleaner (covers cleaning, checking, and replacing air cleaner filter)
No matter what type of furnace you have—gas furnace, variable speed furnace, etc.—it is important to keep it properly cleaned and all moving parts lubricated. A trusted heating and cooling technician will perform a comprehensive maintenance checklist to ensure your furnace runs as smoothly as possible by checking its:
- Heat exchanger
- Air filters
- Fan switch
- Pilot and pilot assembly
- Safety controls
- Fuel connections
- And more
Schedule furnace maintenance from GAC Services today!
Heat Pump Maintenance
A heat pump does not directly convert energy into heat, but warms a home by moving heat from the outside to indoor areas. When you schedule heat pump maintenance with GAC Services, we’ll make sure your heat pump is operating at maximum efficiency so that extremely cold temperatures do not reduce its heating effect. Our heat pump maintenance technician will:
- Inspect ductwork
- Inspect and replace or clean air filters
- Inspect the blower
- Inspect and clean indoor and outdoor coils
- Lubricate motors
- Tighten belts as needed
- And more
Hybrid Heating System Maintenance
A hybrid heating system combines the efficiency of a heat pump with the reliability of a furnace. A hybrid heating system uses a heat pump to transfer heat from the outdoors to indoor areas when temperatures reach above freezing. Then, when temperatures drop below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, a hybrid heating system uses the reliability of a furnace to comfortably heat your home.
For hybrid heating system maintenance in Maryland, contact us today!
The Benefits of Heating System Maintenance
Routine service plays a huge part in keeping your home heating system in perfect order, but that’s not to say it doesn’t do a lot for you, too. By scheduling routine service you can benefit from:
- Stronger home heating. When the winter weather starts to go from cold to extremely cold is the worst time to find out that your system just isn’t keeping up with your heating needs. But if you get professional maintenance, this will never be a problem because your system will work as well as it did the day it was installed!
- Higher efficiency levels. Optimized and clean heating systems have to work a lot less to get the job done, and thus use up less power or fuel to do it. That means maintenance directly impact your monthly energy costs in a great way.
- Less breakdowns and lower repair costs. When your heating system is getting the care and calibrations it needs, it’s far less likely to break down on you in the middle of a cold snap. Not only that, but if you do end up with an issue it’s far less likely to be a larger problem like component failure.
- Extended system lifespans. A good furnace or heat pump system should last you up to or exceeding ten years. But if you’re not getting proper service you may be getting a replacement far sooner than you’d like.
Do I Need Maintenance Services?
No one will force you to, of course. But at the same time our experts would most certainly say yes, you absolutely do! This is for two very big reasons:
- Otherwise you miss out on the benefits. As a homeowner a big part of your day to day is avoiding costs and risks. Missing service could cheat you out of lots of cost and stress saving perks, and thus the service comes highly recommended.
- Maintenance keeps your warrant valid. A warranty is there to protect you if things go awry, but all modern warranties stipulate that you get routine professional tune-up services in order for them to stay valid.
When Should I Schedule Heating Maintenance?
It’s best to seek service annually at a minimum, but the answer here depends a bit on the type of heating system you use. Furnace systems need service once a year in order to be prepared for the coming winter. But if you keep a heat pump system for your winter comfort, you’ll want to ensure you service it twice a year! This is because heat pumps both cool and heat a home, and are in use all year long. That means they need service both in the spring and in the fall in order to stay optimized and healthy.
Don’t want to stress over when to schedule? You’ve got an easy solution! Our Prime Maintenance Membership will ensure you get the professional service you deserve without you having to lift a finger. Plus members gain a whole lot of unique discounts and priority advantages!
Superior Maintenance and Performance Services in Maryland
For complete and comprehensive maintenance services in Montgomery, Howard, and Frederick Counties in Maryland, you need only seek the experts at GAC Services. We offer the best in total solutions for our clients, helping you get the quality and thorough service you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your service, or to find out about becoming a service plan member!