HVAC Repair Service in Silver Spring, MD
Heating & Air Conditioner Repairs from GAC Services
A broken or run-down HVAC system is a nuisance to you and your family. Whether your air conditioner no longer provides cool relief during the summertime or your heating system won’t turn on during a cold winter night, GAC Services can help! Our licensed HVAC technicians are trained to diagnose and repair any make and model HVAC system, including Bryant heating and cooling equipment and:
AC Repair Services in Silver Spring
Your Local Air Conditioner & Heat Pump Experts
You can’t put a price on your in-home comfort. If your air conditioner or heat pump is not meeting your cooling demands, it is most likely time for a repair. But, how do you know if your cooling system needs to be repaired by a professional HVAC repairman?
If you experience any of the following, contact GAC Services for air conditioner or heat pump repair:
- Your air conditioner doesn’t cycle on or off. Air conditioners are a significant investment in your Maryland home. It’s best to leave any repairs or maintenance to a licensed HVAC professional, like us!
- Your energy bills have increased. If you notice your energy bills are higher than usual, it could be a sign that your air conditioner is working for longer periods of time as an attempt to cool your home—often the result of a broken system.
- Your registers are dispensing warm or hot air. If you notice your registers dispensing warm or hot air into a room, it could result from a clogged air filter, an issue with its condenser or compressor, or a refrigerant problem. To determine the exact cause, an HVAC professional should inspect your Maryland cooling system.
- Your air conditioner makes loud or strange noises. The cause of your air conditioner making loud or strange noises can be a variety of issues—including its compressor, drive motor, fan blade, electrical connections, and more—and requires an HVAC technician to diagnose and repair.
- Your air conditioner’s coils are frozen. Often caused by a dirty AC filter, frozen air conditioner coils may result from a coolant leak.
- Your air conditioner is leaking. If your air conditioner is leaking fluid from the outdoor unit, call GAC Services immediately. If you notice your air conditioner is leaking moisture into your house, our friendly technician will inspect your condensation pan and drainage pipes to clean or replace them if necessary. Moisture in your home caused by a broken AC exposes you and your family to mold, mildew, and/or water damage.
- You notice inconsistent temperatures in your home. Inconsistent temperatures are often the first sign of a broken air conditioner. If you notice some rooms are warmer than others or significant temperature changes within your household, contact a cooling professional.
Request a cooling repair estimate with GAC Services today.
Catch Air Conditioner Problems Before They Get Serious
You don’t necessarily need to wait until true problems manifest with your home’s air conditioner to know that something is wrong. To keep your air conditioner in optimal condition, it’s helpful to ask these questions:
- Are my costs maintaining? Sudden spikes in cost are a surefire sign that something is amiss, but even mild changes can denote a possible future issue. To keep this recognizable, it’s best to try to keep a very consistent temp in the home, say 70 or 72. That way, when changes in your bill occur, you know for a fact that it changing your home’s temperature isn’t the cause.
- What are “normal” AC sounds? A few sounds are of no concern at all, and knowing these can help you separate the risky from the mundane. For example, it’s helpful to know the sound of your cooling system engaging, as it will often click a bit when starting and stopping. It’s only a problem if the sound persists for longer than a few seconds.
- How long can my air conditioner go without service? Typically, we recommend getting your cooling system a tune-up and maintenance service once a year, and the same goes for your heating. By getting routine care, you can avoid many common repair risks outright, saving you loads of stress and cost in your Silver Spring home.
- Does the air in my home feel humid? Does the air in your home feel clammy or damp? If you notice changes in home relative humidity, the problem could lie with windows, doors, the attic, or with your cooling system itself. If you’re having humidity problems, we recommend scheduling an energy audit to locate and deal with the problem.
Heating & Furnace Repair in Silver Spring
Furnace & Heat Pump Repairs
At GAC Services, we don’t just repair your cooling system—give us a call for heating system and furnace repairs in Silver Spring or the surrounding areas! Our technicians can diagnose the issue and repair it as soon as possible. Let us help you restore the comfort in your home!
If you experience any of the following, contact GAC Services for Silver Spring furnace or heat pump repair:
- You notice increased energy costs.
- You hear loud or strange noises coming from your heating system.
- You notice inconsistent temperatures in your home.
- Your heating system fails to turn on.
- Your heating system turns on and off frequently.
- Your registers are distributing cold air.
Searching for “furnace repair near me?” Request a furnace repair estimate for your Silver Spring home.
Prime Maintenance Plan
Become a member of our Prime Maintenance Plan to help prevent an HVAC system breakdown mid-season and reduce the possibility of costly repairs in the future. Maintenance is not something you can or should DIY—leave it to our HVAC experts.
Contact us to learn more about our Prime Maintenance Plan.
Schedule HVAC Repairs from GAC Services
GAC Services was named the 2015 ACCA Residential Contractor of the Year. That means we were named the best residential contractor in America by the industry’s leading indoor environment and energy efficiency organization.
If you need an HVAC contractor you can trust to repair your heating or cooling system in Silver Spring, Maryland, contact GAC Services today!