Repairing Air Conditioners in the Bethesda Area Since 1970!
A broken air conditioner is something nobody wants to deal with, especially during the hot, humid days common to the Bethesda area. Your home should be a cool relief from the outdoors, which is why when you need air conditioner repair, you need it fast. If you’re tired of dealing with the annoyance and discomfort of a broken down air conditioner there’s only one name you need to know—GAC Services!
Common Signs You Need AC Repair
Everybody experiences air conditioner break downs at some point, and just because your central air conditioning unit turns on does not necessarily mean it is working properly. Here are some common signs to look for to determine if you should call GAC Services for AC repair:
- Your air conditioner doesn’t cycle on or off – Air conditioners are a significant investment in your Bethesda home. It’s best to leave any repairs or maintenance to a licensed HVAC professional, like us!
- Your energy bills have increased – If you notice your energy bills are higher than usual, it could be a sign that your air conditioner is working for longer periods of time as an attempt to cool your home—often the result of a broken system.
- Your registers are dispensing warm or hot air – If you notice your registers dispensing warm or hot air into a room, it could be the result of a clogged air filter, an issue with its condenser or compressor, or a refrigerant problem. To determine the exact cause, an HVAC professional should inspect your cooling system.
- Your air conditioner makes loud or strange noises – The cause of your air conditioner making a loud or strange noises can be a variety of issues—including its compressor, drive motor, fan blade, electrical connections, and more—and requires an HVAC technician to diagnose and repair.
- Your air conditioner’s coils are frozen – Often caused by a dirty AC filter, frozen air conditioner coils may be the result of a coolant leak.
- Your air conditioner is leaking – If your air conditioner is leaking fluid from the outdoor unit call GAC Services immediately. Likewise, if you notice your air conditioner is leaking moisture into your house, our friendly technician will inspect your condensation pan and drainage pipes to clean or replace them if necessary. Moisture in your home caused by a broken AC exposes you and your family to mold, mildew, and/or water damage.
- You notice inconsistent temperatures in your home – Inconsistent temperatures are often the first sign of a broken air conditioner. If you notice some rooms are warmer than others or significant temperature changes within your household, contact a cooling professional.
If you experience any of the signs above, call us immediately. If left unfixed, your air conditioner may require even costlier repairs (or replacement) in the future. During our repairs we will inspect your entire cooling system to ensure we properly diagnose your AC unit and repair it as quickly as possible—restoring comfort and peace of mind to your family.
Schedule Air Conditioner Repair in the Bethesda Area
No matter if your air conditioner is on the fritz, it won’t turn on, or you notice a sign that your air conditioner may have an issue, call the heating and cooling experts at GAC Services! We’ve been helping Bethesda, MD residents maximize their in-home comfort since 1970, and we don’t plan on stopping. We service all makes and model air conditioners.
Contact GAC to schedule your air conditioner repair service today!