The Best Ways to Save on Your Utility Bills
As a homeowner in Maryland, one of your biggest priorities is reducing energy consumption and keeping monthly costs low. While at times this can seem like a monumental struggle, there are actually many ways to mitigate your energy use and reduce expenses. All it takes is a little know-how and knowledge!
At GAC Services, our top priority is your total satisfaction and comfort. Much of the time we do this by offering superior home HVAC and electrical services. But sometimes we can help just by bringing you some quick and easy tips.
Easy Ways to Reduce Energy Costs in Your Maryland Home
Some things you can do all on your own, but others might require the assistance of professionals like the ones at GAC. To save on utility costs, start with these tips.
- Replace your air filter. We and many other HVAC experts harp on this one a lot, but it really is one of the single biggest differences you can make in your electrical costs. Clear air flow is positively imperative to a healthy, long lived, and energy efficient HVAC system. Don’t neglect to do this at least every three months, and more often in peak seasons.
- Seek routine HVAC maintenance. Even more important than your air filter, professional maintenance provides your furnace or air conditioning system with all of the component and electrical care it needs to work at its best, directly reducing the amount of energy it needs to perform its job.
- Make the change to LED. If we told you that LED light bulbs can use as little as 10% of the amount of power as an equally bright incandescent bulb, would you be surprised? If you would, well, surprise, surprise. It’s true! LED bulbs last longer, shine brighter, and cost far, far less than other bulb types, making them one of the best home investments you can make.
- Install a programmable thermostat. An HVAC system that runs all day long is using up a lot of unnecessary power when you’re away. At the same time, you can’t just shut it off and expect to be comfortable when you get back home. The solution? A programmable thermostat system! You can set simple or intricate programs with these thermostats that adjust the use of your HVAC system to accommodate your needs better, and much more efficiently.
- Upgrade your home’s electricity. When’s the last time you had a heavy-up or electrical upgrade in your home? If you can’t remember, or you’ve never pursued one, it’s probably time. Without keeping your home up to date on its electrical capacity, you could be experiencing a lot worse than just a higher electrical bill. You could be looking at costly electrical repairs, or even home wiring damage!
- Improve the insulation in your home. We say “improve”, because saying increase can potentially be incorrect. Your home can actually have too much insulation, too, which can be equally bad. The appropriate amount of insulation for your home can have a massive impact on your energy costs. Not sure if you have enough? Consider looking into an energy audit service, which can get you the answers you’re looking for, and can help you save in other areas of the home to boot!
For Top-Class Energy & HVAC Services in Maryland, Call GAC!
Looking to put some of the suggestions above into practice? You can count on the professionals at GAC to help you get the job done, and done right. From HVAC maintenance, to electrical installation services, our experts are fully-equipped and ready to assist. Contact us online today or give us a call at 301-926-3253 to learn more, or to set up an appointment!