All you have to do is step outside to know that the winds of winter are blowing in strong and fast. Is your home prepared to meet the season? If not, the experts at GAC Services have some tips, tricks, and ideas that can have your home defenses shored up and ready for whatever nature throws your way.
At GAC Services, our team wants to bring you more than just top-class quality and heating maintenance services. We want to help in any way we can to keep you and your family comfortable, and a lot of the time that can be done just with a bit of friendly knowledge. So here are our quick and easy tips for a warm home this winter season!
Ready to bolster your furnace or heat pump system with a professional maintenance visit and tune-up? Contact the experts at GAC Services online today!
Get Your Heating System in Shape
When it comes down to it, the majority of the heavy lifting is going to be done by your heating system. Having it ready to perform is essential, and to do that, there are some tasks you should definitely ensure get done:
- Professional maintenance. We’ll start here, since it overall makes the biggest impact on your comfort. A professional tune-up can not only remove the risks of an untimely breakdown, but it can increase your furnace, boiler, or heat pump’s ability to provide for your comfort needs. Not only that, but it’ll improve energy-efficiency as well!
- Change your air filter. When was the last time you changed your system’s air filter? If your answer wasn’t “just now”, you probably need to get that done! Filters should be changed monthly during peak seasons to promote good air flow, or every couple of months if you use polyester filters.
- Give it a good cleaning. Be sure to clean and clear your air vents, and dust thoroughly around your heating system before the winter sets in. Not only does it remove the risk of a fire, it also keeps all of that gunk out of your HVAC system, helping with comfortable, warm air flow.
Prepare for the Worst: Generator Installation in Maryland
We’ve had our fair share of really harsh winter storms. And in the event of a power outage, you can end up cold, in the dark, and extremely unhappy. A generator installation in Maryland can meet your need for consistent comfort, offering you a surefire solution to outages and painful heat loss.
Quick Tips to Stay Warm
These tips are fast, easy, and can help you take on winter:
- Winterize your windows. Either use a winter kit that you can find at any hardware store, or grab some rope caulk (which can be easily peeled off come spring) to seal up your windows and prevent uncomfortable and costly drafts.
- Use ceiling fans. Did you know you can change the direction that your ceiling fan rotates? It’s usually a small switch located on the fan, and a fna that runs clockwise will push warm air down as it rises, keeping it right in your comfort zone.
- Open your curtains. Not the window sash, mind you. Just the curtains. Solar heat is powerful, and harnessing it during the day can raise the temp in your home by multiple degrees.
Keep Warm in Maryland with GAC Services
Need some help setting up that generator, or whipping your heating system into shape? The experts at GAC can help! Give our experts a call, or contact us online today to schedule your appointment!