Heating & Cooling Maintenance Basics
One of the best ways to protect the HVAC system in your home is with a maintenance plan. Regular upkeep of your heating and cooling units can help them run more smoothly throughout the year. But what exactly goes into HVAC maintenance and how important is it? Keep reading to learn more, or contact GAC Services to sign up for our maintenance plan.
Just like a car, your heating system needs routine maintenance in order to function properly and avoid costly repairs. A properly functioning heating system maximizes comfort and saves energy and money. Our HVAC technicians are factory trained and nationally certified, not to mention armed with the best products to help identify the most affordable and energy efficient way to heat your home.
Your heating system should undergo a full tune-up once a year—generally in the fall before heating season begins.
No matter what type of furnace you have—gas furnace, oil furnace, or a variable speed furnace—it is important to keep it properly cleaned and all moving parts lubricated. A trusted heating and cooling technician will perform a comprehensive maintenance checklist to ensure your furnace runs as smoothly as possible by checking its:
- Heat exchanger
- Air filters
- Fan switch
- Pilot and pilot assembly
- Safety controls
- Fuel connections
- And more
Our heat pump maintenance technician will:
- Inspect ductwork
- Inspect and replace or clean air filters
- Inspect the blower
- Inspect and clean indoor and outdoor coils
- Lubricate motors
- Tighten belts as needed
- And more
A central air conditioning system is a significant investment to your home and is one of the best ways to provide whole-home comfort for you and your family. Maryland residents can expect their air conditioner to have an average lifespan of approximately 15 – 20 years, however with regular tune-ups and maintenance, your air conditioning unit can last well beyond 20 years.
At GAC Services, we can perform an annual AC maintenance tune-up—preferably in the spring before the cooling season starts when you’ll rely on your system the most. We’ve provided the Montgomery and Frederick County areas with cooling services since 1970, so you know you’re receiving the best possible air conditioner tune-up around!
Your air conditioner is a complicated machine with hundreds of moving parts. In order to effectively cool your home year after year, we recommend scheduling an annual tune-up. During our standard tune-up, one of our NATE-certified HVAC technicians will:
- Lubricate and/or tighten necessary parts and connections
- Clean or replace your air filter as needed
- Inspect and test major AC components, such as blower motor, indoor and outdoor coils, compressor, condenser, evaporator, thermostat, etc.
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Check for fluid leakage indoors
- Notify you of any components that may need to be replaced
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Agreement
One of the best ways to protect the HVAC system in your home is with a maintenance plan from GAC Services. Think of your heating and cooling system as a car—you wouldn’t drive 50,000 miles without an oil change, so why delay servicing your HVAC equipment any longer than you have to? When you choose to enroll in our Prime Maintenance Plan, you receive:
- 20% off repairs – If by chance your HVAC system does break down, you’ll receive 20 percent off the repair
- Priority service – Your calls automatically move to the top of our service list
- Seasonal tune-ups – We will tune-up your HVAC system to ensure it operates at maximum efficiency and reduce the chance of mid-season breakdowns
- Reduced Diagnostic Fee – Maintenance agreement customers receive a reduced diagnostic fee
- 10% off electrical services – Members can take advantage of our experienced electricians at a discounted rate
Contact us to sign up for our Prime Maintenance Membership today!