Electrical Upgrades to Make in Your New Home
Have you recently moved into a new home in Maryland? If so, congratulations! We’re glad to hear you’ve found a great new place. But how’s the electrical? Leaving you a little wanting, or not exactly offering you all of the access and function you were looking for? Or maybe you’re not even really sure what to look for! No matter your situation you can rest easy—the experts at GAC Services are here to help you pick the ideal home upgrades to focus on.
Looking for electrical upgrade and installation specialists in Frederick, Howard, or Montgomery County in Maryland? Contact GAC Services today by dialing 301-926-3253!
Electrical Upgrades for New Homes (and New Homeowners)
In order for you to be completely satisfied with your home’s electrical systems you’ll want to focus on two big things. One of them is overall functionality, of course. The other is convenience. Functionality because living in a home without adequate (or with unsafe) electrical systems is just too much stress, and convenience because your home should feel like your home.
Electrical Upgrades for Functionality
- Task lighting. Much of the time the previous owner had their own ideas and uses for rooms, which typically means they had their lights installed to accommodate. You should do the same! If your home office or kitchen is looking bleak, it’s time to brighten things up before you settle in.
- Breaker panel upgrades. As homes modernize you’ll find it harder and harder to plug in new appliances or tech without putting the breakers under strain. A heavy-up service can give you more access so you can grow into your home better.
- More outlets. Cords can’t reach, or finding that there are too few outlets to fit your computer anywhere? Easily fixed. Just get more outlets! It’s a fast, easy, and very cost-effective job for a pro to get done.
- Smoke detectors. Homes should be functional, of course, but they should also be safe. Take a moment to check your detector locations, and if you’ve got the time give them a test run. If they aren’t working or there are too few, it’s time to add more.
- You should get an inspection! It’s wise to always get a code inspection when moving into a new home. It’s hands-down the best way to assess trouble areas in the home, find problems before they get serious, and ensure everything is up to code.
Electrical Upgrades for Comfort and Convenience
Looking for something that’s just for fun, or that adds a practical convenience to your home? There are a lot of electrical trends in 2017 to keep up with, but here are a few of our favorites for new homes:
- USB outlets. USB-outfitted outlets are the convenience you never knew you needed! No more fighting with adapters (or losing them all the time) and no more frustration about having too few plugs.
- LED lighting conversion. LED lights last longer, are more efficient, and can save you as ton of cash over the course of your life in your new home. A small investment now will pay you back big, and in a minimal amount of time.
- Decor lighting. Task lighting is all well and good, but recessed lighting, track lighting, and decor lighting are all much more fun, and are a great way to add your personal signature to a home.
Need help getting the installations and upgrades you need for your new home? GAC Services is your single source for everything electrical! Contact us today to get a consultation, or to talk about what you want to add or change in your new Maryland home.