The Benefits of Summer HVAC Maintenance in MD
GAC Services Offers Summer HVAC Maintenance Services throughout Montgomery County & Frederick County, MD
As the Maryland summer starts to warm up, people are tempted to crank their AC up to full blast. However, many of our customers throughout Gaithersburg, Frederick, and beyond are torn between saving on utility bills and keeping their home cool. But what if we told you that you don’t have to choose one or the other?
By scheduling regular HVAC maintenance, you can increase your AC system’s efficiency and save on your energy bills! Save energy and money this summer—schedule an air conditioning maintenance appointment with GAC Services today or call us at 301-926-3253 to learn more.
The Benefits of Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance
The easiest way to make sure that your air conditioning system is running properly is to schedule regular maintenance appointments. Scheduling an annual AC tune-up appointment with a qualified air conditioning specialist can help you avoid costly repairs and keep your home cool and comfortable all summer long.
Annual AC tune-up appointments provides various benefits to you and your home, such as:
- Increasing the Lifespan of Your Unit – When your unit is inspected annually, our team is able to correct minor issues with your AC system before they start to reduce the unit’s functionality. Regular maintenance ensures that your air conditioner continues to run at peak performance levels, which lengthens its lifespan considerably over time.
- Preventing Unexpected Breakdowns – If your cooling unit breaks down, it’s likely it will happen when you need it most—like on a hot summer day! Scheduling an annual AC tune-up gives our team the chance to catch any issues before they become big, inconvenient, and often expensive problems, so your home stays cool and comfortable throughout the season.
- Improving the Energy Efficiency of Your System – Improving the energy efficiency of your system with a regular AC tune-up helps to improve performance while reducing utility costs in your Maryland home. Win-win!
Just like you schedule regular oil changes and tire rotations to keep your car running smoothly, it’s important to schedule regular tune-up appointments for your air conditioner so it can continue to cool your home year after year. Call GAC Services today at 301-926-3253 to learn more!
DIY Summer HVAC Maintenance Tips
There are several things that you are able to do on your own to improve your air conditioner’s efficiency and keep your system running smoothly this season. If you’re looking for ways to maintain your AC system’s lifespan, we recommend:
- Changing or Cleaning the Filter – This is the most important step you can take to keep your air conditioner running at peak performance! Replacing your air filter can also lower your air conditioner’s energy consumption and save on utility bills. During the summer, if you have a reusable air filter, you should wash it once a month; if you have a disposable filter, you should change it once every 1-3 months.
- Clean Up Around Your Unit – Make sure that plants or any other items in your outdoor space are at least two feet away from your AC unit so that it can effectively pull in air. (Once the weather cools down, this includes raking up leaves!)
While some other maintenance tasks require licensed professionals, simply by taking these two simple steps, you’ll improve the lifespan of your air conditioner and increasing its efficiency.
Scheduling Summer HVAC Maintenance for Your Maryland Home
Though you’re able to complete the tasks above on your own, there are a few parts of HVAC maintenance that need to be taken care of by certified HVAC technicians. Our NATE-certified air conditioning specialists will complete the following tasks for you during a regular AC maintenance appointment:
- Clearing the Drain – When your HVAC system’s drain is clogged, your unit has to work even harder to blow out cool air—which wastes energy and hikes up your energy bills! Our technicians will remove any clogs or blockages so your AC can continue functioning efficiently.
- Cleaning Units Outdoors & Indoors – A certified specialist will disassemble your AC unit to clean the fan blades of your outdoor condenser fan, and will remove dust and debris from the indoor unit’s evaporator coil. This will allow your HVAC system to continue to effectively cool your home throughout the summer.
During a regular AC tune-up appointment, we will also make sure the rest of your unit is running smoothly by:
- Cleaning or Replacing Your Air Filter as Needed
- Checking for Fluid Leakage Indoors
- Inspect and Test All Major AC Components, Including:
- Blower Motor
- Indoor & Outdoor Coils
- Lubricating and/or Tightening Necessary Parts & Connections
- Checking for Refrigerator Leaks
- Notifying You of Any Components That Might Need to Be Replaced
At GAC Services, we pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service. Our friendly, honest, professional HVAC technicians are factory trained and national certified. We’ll leave your house in the exact condition it was when we arrived, and we won’t leave until you’re totally satisfied with the services we provided.
Contact us now to schedule your AC tune-up in Montgomery County or Frederick County! We promise to keep your home cool all summer long. Call us today at 301-926-3253 to learn more.